This is a powerhouse smoothie for winter. With the ski season upon us and the cold, cold days, it is important to be gentle to our digestive system and also keep our energy levels up. This smoothie is also great to support our immune system and ensure our fibre intake is adequate to keep things ‘regular’. It really does tick every box for a fully balanced meal in a cup. Enjoy!
Note: Do not add ice. It is important to keep your smoothies tepid as colder meals shock your digestive system in the winter months.
- ½ pear washed and diced
- ½ large banana
- 4 walnuts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup raw unsweetened almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup filtered water at room temperature
- 4 tbsp organic rolled oats
- 2 tbsp organic natural Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cm fresh ginger, peeled (or less depending on how much you like ginger)
- 1 tsp organic Spirulina powder
Additional options to add:
- Protein powder (we like Vital Green Vital Pea Protein)
- 1 scoop NutraOrganics Collagen powder (great for your hair & nails in winter)
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1/2 cup washed spinach leaves
Throw everything in a blender and blend until desired consistency. You can always add more water if you choose to. We like ours on the thick side, almost to the point you eat it with a spoon… ‘chewing’ your smoothie also helps to stimulate the digestion process. Pour into a tall glass, sit down and enjoy!