This delicious salad is full of flavour and quick and easy to prepare. High in protein and fibre plus being a great source of iron, magnesium and Vitamin B6, it will fuel you with goodness to keep you going all day.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 tbsp EVOO or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups veggie stock (or filtered water)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Saute onion until translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the spices and cook for around 30 seconds.
- Add in the veggie stock and cooked quinoa. Bring to the boil and then simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Stir in chickpeas, parsley and cranberries to the quinoa and mix until well combined.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with almonds and extra parsley.