We just love a good chicken and veggie soup. Packed full of fibre, protein and essential nutrients, this will keep you will feeling warm and nourished during the colder months ahead.
- 1 x whole chicken
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2-3 small zucchini, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1-2 carrots, diced
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 2 cups cold water
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large fry pan, saute the garlic and leeks for 2-3 minutes or until soft but not coloured.
- Add celery, carrot and zucchini and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a large pot and add chicken, stock and cold water. Make sure the chicken is covered with liquid. Bring to the boil and then let it simmer, partially covered for 1 hour until chicken is cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Remove chicken from the soup and let it cool. Skim away any froth that has settled on the top of the soup. Remove meat from the bones. Shred and return it to the soup.
Add salt and pepper, chopped flat leaf parsley and some fresh chilli.