This simple fish recipe is the perfect dish for a Winter’s night. It is quick, light, healthy and full of immune boosting ginger and garlic. You can also bulk it up with as many steamed or stir fried seasonal vegetables as you like. Enjoy!
- 4 firm white fish fillets (we like to use snapper or barramundi)
- 3 spring onions thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Lots of green veggies (we like broccoli, bok-choy or baby spinach)
- Handful bean shoots (optional)
- Line a vegie steamer with baking paper (or you can wrap the fish in baking paper & cook in the oven for 20 mins).
- Place fish, ginger and spring onions in centre and pour over tamari, stock and sesame oil.
- Steam over boiling water for 10 mins or until fish is tender.
- In a large fry pan, add garlic and your choice of green veggies and stir fry until tender.
- Serve with steamed or stir fry veggies and steamed rice (we like a mix of brown rice & quinoa) and top with bean sprouts (optional).
- Optional extras – freshly grated turmeric, kaffir lime leaves, lemon, chilli, lemongrass, coriander.