These super simple fish cakes are perfect for the Easter long weekend. They are pumped full of healthy Omega 3’s, high in protein and great for brekkie, lunch, snacks or dinner. They are the ideal anti-inflammatory & hormone balancing dish to counteract the sugar binge!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cooked & mashed
- 1 x 420g tin sustainable salmon (drained)
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup finely sliced fennel
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onions
- grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
- olive oil or coconut oil (for frying)
- Combine all of the above ingredients (except for the oil) and gently massage together with your hands until well combined.
- Form into patties around the size of a golf ball and flatten slightly (they should be about an inch thick)
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry the patties until golden on both sides. Place on paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Serve with a tossed green salad and some Greek yoghurt with fresh lemon & cracked pepper.