This is a delicious guilt free recipe for the Easter long weekend. We like to use almond meal to make them higher in protein & fibre. Such a healthy and nutritious way to fuel your day.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 organic free range egg
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (you can also substitute with some almond meal for added protein)
- 1 cup organic milk (or other milk alternative)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or vanilla paste
- 1 tbs local honey or maple syrup (optional – use if want pancakes a little sweeter)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Butter or coconut oil for frying
- Blend all the wet ingredients in a blender or with a bamix (banana, egg, milk, vanilla, honey) until smooth.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour & baking powder, ensuring they are well combined.
- Create a well & pour in the smoothie mixture. Whisk to combine and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Add a tsp butter to a fry pan (you can make traditional size pancakes or smaller pikelets) and pour in desired amount of batter. Wait for bubbles to show before flipping.
- Serve them up warm with some fresh berries, yoghurt, drizzle of honey, sliced banana or simply with a knob of butter for a wholesome brekkie. They are also a great snack for on the go and perfect for lunch boxes or with your afternoon cup of tea. Enjoy!