This recipe is always on our Summer repertoire. The bitterness of rocket is offset by the sweetness of sun ripened strawberries. The goats feta and walnuts then add a salty flavour and added texture. It is quite simply perfect! Not to mention the health benefits of mixing leafy greens, seasonal fruit, healthy fats and fibre. This is a Merry Christmas to your body.
- 1 packet organic wild rocket (washed & carefully spun dry)
- 1/2 punnet organic strawberries (rinsed)
- 200g marinated goats feta (preferably in olive oil)
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs real maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- In a saucepan, melt the butter & maple syrup. Once melted, mix thoroughly and add the walnuts & pinch of salt. Turn off the heat and stir well to ensure walnuts covered. Set aside to cool.
- Place the rocket in a salad bowl, spreading the leaves out so not too dense. We like using a shallow circular platter.
- Slice the washed strawberries and place on the rocket. How you cut the strawberries is personal preference – we prefer cutting them into thin wedges so they toss well through the salad.
- Break up the goats feta and sprinkle over the salad (best to wait until just before eating) and add the cooled walnuts and dressing.
- Toss gently and enjoy!
Honey Balsamic Dressing:
- 2 tbs aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs raw local honey
- 1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to season
Place all ingredients in a jar, close the lid and shake. Add salt & pepper to season.