The new season brings us craving a little more spring in our step. Try this cleansing soup to tick all of your nutritional needs whilst keeping you truly satisfied. It is high in fibre, protein, vitamins and is super simple to make. We love making a big big batch and enjoy it for our main meals over a few days for a really easy “at home” cleanse. Enjoy!!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion (very good for your gut health)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 cups bone broth (or vegetable stock)
- 1 cup tomato passata or V8 juice (or you can use extra broth or water)
- ½ tsp salt
- 400g can organic cannellini beans, drained & rinsed (high fibre & high protein)
- 2 cups mixed seasonal spring veggies (baby carrot, spinach, zucchini, snap peas, asparagus).
- Heat oil over a medium-low heat, sauté onion until softened. Add garlic and cook for aprox 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add stock/broth and passata/V8 juice, bring to the boil.
- Add drained beans, pinch salt and all chopped veggies. Cook on gentle simmer for up to 5 minutes until tender.
- Add 1 tbsp pesto, dash tamari, chilli flakes, shredded chicken, fresh herbs.
- We also like to add a side salad with a gut friendly dressing of ACV, olive oil, local raw honey & lemon juice.