This simple quinoa salad is packed full of flavour and goodness. It is a perfect accompaniment for any BBQ meat or fish.
Did you know that pomegranates are a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants? They are also high in fibre and anti-inflammatory properties. A delicious addition to any Summer salad!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (or can use other grains such as freekah)
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 cup freshly chopped mint
- 1 cup freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 continental cucumber, diced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1 handful of goji berries
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped (could also use walnuts, pistachios)
- Small handful pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup crumbled goats cheese or feta (optional)
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 tbs pomegranate molasses
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together herbs, spring onion and spinach.
- Add cucumber, tomato, quinoa, seeds, nuts.
- Gently toss.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake until creamy.
- Pour over dressing and serve!